Being an Asian wedding planning and styling company ourselves we know that styling, design and production is one of the most important aspects of an Asian wedding in the UK or internationally.
Your wedding day is one of the biggest days of your life, so of course you want to ensure it is planned seamlessly in every aspect possible. As Asians we feel the pressure, as we have that idea in our heads that our own wedding has to be even more amazing than a friend’s or a recent family wedding that we have attended. The competition levels basically rise in all aspects of the wedding planning as we want to WOW our guests.
Here are our 5 top tips on Asian wedding styling and how to set your wedding apart from other weddings:
- When it comes to deciding on how you want to theme your wedding day venue, discuss current trends with your Asian venue stylist as well as thinking about the colours and themes you and your partner like. Don’t go for the typical red and gold colour palette! Be bold and be different!
- Personality is key when it comes to deciding on your venue theming! It’s not always about picking a current trend – it’s really down to what you and your other half like, your personalities and bringing that through into the venue theming which will definitely create impact.
- Your venue styling should compliment your venue itself. For example, if you’ve opted for a beautiful manor house, you should be thinking about florals and a timeless and elegant look. Your venue and styling need to work hand-in-hand and not a mismatch.
- Be sure to research what is available and what various decor teams provide. You will find that many companies have a set selection of wedding stages and centrepieces to pick from and that’s it, with a little variation here and there! Whereas when you work with Asian wedding stylists such as ourselves we work with our couples to create a bespoke wedding day design and a unique styling concepts.
- You want your wedding to be different from your best friend’s or your relatives that recently happened right? If so, find an Asian wedding stylist who offers bespoke wedding design and not a ‘cookie-cutter’ approach to wedding day theming and styling.
- Bonus tip: Quite often we hear that couples book their wedding day styling with a supplier who does NOT specialise in styling and design! You cannot book a caterer or a videographer for example to do your wedding day styling. Firstly, they do not specialise in this. Secondly, they will not provide the attention to detail a specialist company would provide. Lastly, do not get roped into a non-specialists’ services just because they provide you with low prices as the quality will be reflected in the final output.If you are on a budget, speak to a professional wedding stylist about your budget and your vision and they can advise you on what they can design for you.
Here at Perfect Occasions, we specialise in Asian wedding styling, planning and wedding coordination. We absolutely LOVE our design and styling side of the business and love getting creative for our couples. We are all about the intricate designs, unique concepts and thinking out-of-the-box! We don’t like creating the same design twice!
Want to find out more about our Asian wedding styling? Get in touch with us for a complimentary consultation and see how we can bring your dream wedding day look to life!